Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Blog Introduction

Hello, my name is Scott, and yes, I am a dyed-in-the-wool programmer / nerd. I was influenced by Heinlein's "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" to follow this path. I love this stuff, I still feel there is so much more to be learned. This is after 30 some years of programming and designing software systems. That is the most exciting part of this journey, one is constantly challenged.

This is my chance to learn new programming and development technologies. This includes sharing what might be valuable to others. The focus will be on SOA, WOA, REST, RSS, HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, PHP, SQL, Linux, and any other weird things that catch my attention.

Some background, I have been a computer hobbyist and software programmer / designer since 1974 starting with an Atari 400. My IT career has spanned about the same length of time. It started with Fortran on a VAX. Currently, I am developing knowledge management systems with web technologies and relational database back-ends.

At times I may have sudden urge to dispense free-advice. Use it or not, its free!

Please leave comments and rebuttal as needed. Discussion is always good.

No comments:

Post a Comment